Friday, November 12, 2010

WHY I'M QUITTING RALLY

If you have seen the most resent season of AMC’s Madmen, You will recognize the title of this post as a parody of a show that I truly admire. (clip)  The truth however is that I don’t quit rally. I’m very much addicted. Much like any sport, from the outside it seems simple and boring but the eccentricities are captivating. Some good things must inevitably come to an end and for me the time had come to find a new challenge.

Two months ago, my wife and I decided to move to Montreal. We were both looking for the next step in our careers. MJ got great offer in Montreal and off we went.

So when I say “Why I’m Quitting Rally”, what I truly mean is, I am now a rally fan. As Director of Post-Production, I packaged over 40 rally shows, in two languages, edited, directed, story produced, location scouted, integrated a collaborative work space with 4 work stations all working off a metadata server as well as trained young editors to keep the TV2GO production department running smoothly. All this while still attending to numerous other clients and projects of all scopes and scales. I will forever have fond memories of TV2GO and the people who worked there. I can’t thank them enough for the opportunities that I had and will have. Doors have been opened due to the experiences I have had there.

That’s why I present you with the final shows that I location scouted, directed, produced and edited, in both English and French for TV2GO and its clients, which aired on TSNHD and RDSHD.

CREDIT:
Director/Field Producer/Lead Editor



No comments:

Post a Comment